Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pencil Cookies!!

Hey scrappers! It's Amanda!! I'm back for Wednesday's This & That post! I've missed ya'll :D Hope you've missed me, because I am back with a fun yummy back to school treat! Are you ready to get back to school or get those kiddo's back!? I know I'm not, I start my classes on the 9th, but I am almost done and will be getting my Teaching Assistant Certificate and then my Associates will be accomplished the following semester! So I am pretty stoked about that :D Anywho, I was doing a little browsing on Pinterest and came across this neat "Back to School" treat you can do with the kids, to have at home or to bring to school!

These are Pencil Cookies!
my mom and I make these fun pencil cookies before every school year as a little "back to school" treat. they are homemade sugar cookies cut into pencil shapes. the tip is dipped in melted chocolate to mimic lead, the eraser is made of fruit rollups, and the icing is homemade!! we even add a little sparkle to resemble the metal eraser clasp :)

They are simple sugar cookies cut into pencil shapes, the pinner on Pinterest said that she dipped the tip of the pencil in melted chocolate to imitate lead, she used yellow icing for the pencil and fruit rollups to mimic the other end of the pencil where the eraser is! Neat right!? When my son starts school in a few years I will definitely be doing this with him!! 

Now for some scrapping shall we!? Today I would like to showcase one of the lovely new template packs that has released recently, It's part of the Just Peachy collection our lovely designer Melody was working on!! This one is....

Just Peachy Vol. 3
Just Peachy Vol 3 by Scrap-n-a-Snap

&& Here is a lovely page made by CT member Natasja!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome template set, love all the clustering. Hugs Crystal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cookies are super cool.
    check out this template set at Brownie Scraps
    http://www.browniescraps.com/shop/CT-Inspired-Sharon.html

    ReplyDelete