Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Let's Melt!

It's Wednesday! Amanda here with a hot craft! Well the weather is sorta getting nicer, before we know it it will be fall! So I have a nice fun little craft to do with the little ones! I know my son loved it, and he's only 20 months old :D So here we go.. 

Melting Crayons!

My little one will be our demonstrator!! :D






So here's all you do!! It's easy as pie :D Take a dinner plate, serving platter, anything that you can put in the microwave. I attempted a clear plate, the colors werent as clear as they would have been if I used a white plate, so try to use a white plate! Get a box of washable crayola crayons! That way you will be able to wash them off after the fun craft is done, the plate will still be usable if you clean it good enough, nothing wrong with using a little elbow grease! :D Make sure you peel off the wrappers around each crayon being used.. Put the plate in the microwave for about a minute or a minute and a half. Let it cool off for a minute, enough that the child wont burn him or herself, but still warm enough. Then take the crayon and melt away! The instant the crayon hits the warm plate it'll melt! It's pretty neat and kept my dear son entertained for a little while so I could clean the kitchen! So have fun with this one!! :D



Now for some scrapping!!
I have this template I'd like to show today :D It's called On My Honor!
On My Honor by Scrap-n-a-Snap 

&& here's a page made by CT Member Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment